Wednesday, December 19, 2012

November 19, 2012


Hey Family,

So this past week has just been a blast. It is incredible So Elder Lopez and I have been working hard to find new people to teach. With the changes that have been made, it has been quite an experience. We have had to start working a lot more with the members. We were working with them before, but now we are almost exclusively working with them. I have thought about this, and it really does make sense. This is the way the Lord wants us to work. Imagine it, the members of the church know many people who are being prepared by God to receive this message. We as missionaries only come in contact with a minuscule portion of people when compared to how many people all of the members come in contact with on a daily basis. When they get the fire of missionary work running through them, they are able to find many chosen people.

So this past Saturday we had a conference with our President of Mission. It was almost all day long. He capacitated us, and showed us what it is that we are doing wrong, and how we need to change to become better missionaries and teachers of the Gospel. One of the things that he stressed upon was the fact that we need to become more affiliated with the scriptures. Also I realized that I have become a little conformist with my teaching. I have begun to push myself once again to always be striving to be better.

After the conference, we had only like 3 hours to work. It was a little bit frustrating because Saturday is supposed to be the day that we have everything ready, and make all of the preparations to bring people to church. So we scrambled out and went and invited all of the people that we could find. We began to get a little down, because we were not finding the people, and then a miracle happened. We got a phone call from one of our investigators, telling us that she had assisted the baptism of her daughter in another ward, and that Sunday she would be going to church to see the confirmation!!!!! YAY

I love this chance that I have to be a missionary. It is so wonderful to be able to help so many people in a significant way. I love you all, and I sure am grateful for all of the help you are giving me.

Love,
Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment