Wednesday, December 19, 2012

November 26, 2012


Dear Family,

Thank you so SOOO much for the letters, I sure did enjoy reading them. So, I will start off with a little SUPER depressing information. So 2 weeks ago I received a phone call from Elder Martinez from the offices. He asked me the killer questions. Example "Where is the closest airport to your house?" and "What is the name of your bishop, and/ or stake president?" You know that you do not have a lot of time left when they begin to ask horrible questions like that. Actually, I can count the number of weeks on my hands... 9! I will be returning home the 30 of January of 2013. I should be arriving at the Salt Lake airport... ha ha And actually, I struggled with the names of the Bishop and Stake President, because they changed on me.

Anyway, that is great that you all got to eat delicious food and celebrate Thanksgiving... I, on the other hand, did not! (oh, and by the way, I do believe that someone had a birthday... and an anniversary) But I did make a delicious Apple Pie last Monday! Absolutely scrumptious! The following 4 days were absolutely terrible. I think that I threw out my back or something ... all I know is that I could not stand, sit, or lay down without being in pain. It was one of the most frustrating things. I was not able to sleep good because every little while I was waking up out of pain. Do not get too worried, I am better now, and I sure hope it never comes back.

This week we have been working a lot trying to find all of the references that were given to us in the activity in the graveyard. We have come across many great families. The majority of them are really prepared to receive our message. Saul is a man who I had contacted in the cemetery. This week we have been teaching him, and he really has been showing positive signs and lots of interest in the church. The only problem is his work. He works as a money collector (I have no idea what it is called in English, but in Spanish it is cobrador). Due to his work, he is rarely home, and he even has to work Sundays. BUMMER! Also we have met this man named Felipe. He is a great guy. He is going through a tough time in his life right now, because 2 months ago, his 20 year old son died in an accident. Gospel means good news, and that is just the message that we bring. Families can be together forever! He was SUPER receptive to our message. Now on to some seriously sad news. This past Sunday, our bikes were stolen. And worst of all, it happened while we were in church. Oh well, I guess I must be grateful to have had them for 4 months.

I love you all. Life is golden down here in Mexico. It is still hot, but it has started showing signs of Fall!

Love Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment